Community Food Connection
of Blount County
Located at 311 Whitecrest Drive in Maryville, the mission of this organization (supported by 1st UMC and many of its members) was initialized when the Blount County Ecumenical Action Council saw the need for a food pantry in the area.
The Community Food Connection began operations in May 1991, serving approximately 20 families a week. We now serve over 500 families each week, and have a shared ministry with Meals on Wheels. The Food Connection helps Blount County residents and never charges for their service.
Clients to come into the store and select a certain number of items from our stock. On other days, clients are given a bag of staples and any other fresh items on hand, eggs, meat, bread etc. Overall, the Food Connection moves in the direction of client choice.
100% of the work and the Food Connection relies on support from local churches, civic groups, business partners and school students from Blount County.
The Food Connection is open on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 10:00am to 2:00 pm.
Friday is by appointment only.
Saturday's hours are 10:00 am to 12:00 pm.
- Help unload trucks and stock shelves on Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 9:00 am to Noon.
- Drivers who have pick up trucks are needed t to help with deliveries from Second Harvest and local grocery stores.
- Help with client choice and take clients through the store and help with selection.
- Help in the store on the days the BCFC is open to help with the flow of inventory and other tasks.
- Help with food drives and other events throughout the year.
Linda Kerr Wells