We’ve all said it: Can’t wait to be back together!
We are longing for the fellowship, the smiles, and yes, the handshakes and hugs.
WHEN CAN WE BE TOGETHER LIKE THAT AGAIN?
The more we learn, it is becoming apparent it may be for a while before everything returns to the "normal" we are longing for. The 1st UMC Regathering Task Force and your staff are monitoring the situation regarding COVID-19 in the area. A plan is in place for us to regather that places an emphasis on health and safety.
On June 1st, the Holston Conference Covid-19 Task Force released its 29 page plan: Taking Steps Forward Faithfully and Safely - A Plan for Returning to In-Person Worship in the Holston Annual Conference during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
- The Plan outlines specific protocols for churches to begin regathering in a cautious and caring manner.
- The 1st Church Regathering Task Force is pleased to announce that our Church Compliance Certification has been approved and we may begin some in-person gatherings within the limits set by the Holston Conference Plan.
- Read the Entire Holston Conference Plan here.
WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?
Small group meetings have been suspended temporarily but when they resume here is how they will work.
- Initially, two spaces - Wesley Hall (for groups up to 50) and Room #254 (for groups up to 15) will be available for small group gatherings.
- These spaces may be reserved for 10:00 am and 7:00 pm on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays and for 10:00 am on Saturdays.
THERE ARE FOUR NON-NEGOTIABLES FOR IN-PERSON GATHERINGS:
- Physical Distancing - Six feet between persons from different households.
- Face Masks - Please bring a mask with you; if you do not have a mask, we will provide you with a disposable mask.
- Attendance - We must have a record of your attendance and a method of future contact.
- Cleaning - All occupied areas must be sanitized and disinfected between gatherings.
WHEN WILL IN-PERSON WORSHIP RESUME?
- Our first in-person worship regathering service has been postponed as case numbers continue to rise rapidly in the area. The Regathering Task Force will be looking at the trends again later in July and work on a new target date for in person worship.
- We will provide you more details soon. You can monitor the latest information on our social media channels and here at 1stchurch.org.
- The clergy and staff are working very hard to provide an immersive online worship experience as well as outreach to children and youth. If you or someone that you live with are especially vulnerable to the virus, please consider continuing to worship online. If we can assist you in doing so or connect with you in some other manner, please let us know how we can help.