We’ve all said it: Can’t wait to be back together!
We have been longing for the fellowship, the smiles, the handshakes and hugs. For now we are holding limited in-person indoor worship services in Asbury Hall at
10:30 am each Sunday. In addition we are hosting a limited number of small groups at the church.
The 1st UMC Regathering Task Force and 1st UMC staff are working within the guidelines set forth by the Holston Conference to provide a safe and meaningful worship experience.
If you are planning to come to an indoor in-person worship service please watch the instructional video below.
Online worship will continue at 10:00 am each Sunday on Facebook, YouTube and 1stchurch.org.
Here are a few things to remember before coming to a Service or to a small group:
- Masks are required
- Please bring your own chair (only applies to outdoor activities)
- Please practice physical distancing of six feet
- Please bring a card with your name, number of people in your family attending, phone number and email. This is required by the Bishop for us to do contact tracing if it becomes necessary.
We can't wait to see you again!
WHAT ABOUT SMALL GROUP GATHERINGS?
Please click here for details and to reserve a space for your small group.
Our guidelines are in compliance with the plan set forth by the Holston Conference of the United Methodist Church.
THERE ARE FOUR NON-NEGOTIABLES FOR IN-PERSON GATHERINGS:
- Physical Distancing - Six feet between persons from different households.
- Face Masks - Please bring a mask with you; if you do not have a mask, we will provide you with a disposable mask.
- Attendance - We must have a record of your attendance and a method of future contact.
- Cleaning - All occupied areas must be sanitized and disinfected between gatherings.
- The clergy and staff are working very hard to provide an immersive online worship experience as well as outreach to children and youth. If you or someone that you live with are especially vulnerable to the virus, please consider continuing to worship online. If we can assist you in doing so or connect with you in some other manner, please let us know how we can help.