Labor Day Weekend is the "unofficial" end of summer and the start of "fall and football". A few years ago we had the idea to bring the fun of tailgating and church together in one super event and it was so much fun we've made it a "tradition."
On Sunday, September 3rd the event returns with a morning of fun, fellowship, music and worship. This year's event will feature several different types of music you might hear on a Sunday morning here at 1st Church. The speaker is former Maryville College Coach Phil Wilks.
Sunday School Classes and other church groups set up tailgating stations in the parking lot for everyone to enjoy. Come taste what's cooking beginning at 9:00 am. (Setup begins at 8:45 am).
10:30 am worship is under the big tent. A brief communion only service at 8:15 am will happen in the Sanctuary.
- 8:15 am Communion only service (Sanctuary)
- 8:45 am Tailgating setup
- 9:00 am Tailgating begins
- 10:30 am Worship under the big tent
- Each tailgating station needs to provide beverages.
- Bring lawn chairs for tailgating, chairs for worship are provided
- Be sure and greet folks at other tailgating stations
- The Holy Communion Service and Tailgate Worship services will NOT be streamed.
Due to this event, we will not have Sunday School or Kids Own Worship. The nursery WILL be open for children 3-years-old and younger.
Watch the video for a taste of the All-Church Tailgate Event!